HISTORY OF LEMONADE DAY
Lemonade Day is a free, fun, experiential learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand. It began in Houston, Texas in 2007. Since then it has grown from 2,700 kids to 1 million kids across North America in 2015 – including ours!
Each child who registers receives access the lessons of Lemonade Day like creating budgets, setting profit-making goals, serving customers, repaying investors, and giving back to the community. Along the way, they acquire skills in goal-setting, problem solving, and gain self-esteem critical for future success. They keep all the money they make and are encouraged to spend some, save some and share some.
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
Financial Literacy & Economics
- supply & demand
- credit, debt, gross & net income
- return on investment
College Readiness & Career
- critical thinking & collaboration
- teamwork & problem solving
- presentation skills & design
Life Skills/Personal Development
- self-direction & time management
- social responsibility & charity
- social skills & self confidence
- math calculations
- reading & interpreting data
- oral & written communication
GETTING READY FOR LEMONADE DAY ON MAY 6th!
We hope you are getting ready for a wonderful and safe Lemonade Day on Saturday, May 6th.
Publicize Your Stand Location
Click here to add your stand to our map!